We are thrilled that Prince Georges County has cleared outdoor pools to open and operate, following their guidelines. Although there are still hurdles, such as finalizing the implementation plan for member access to pool, fixing a water line break, and securing final inspections, we anticipate opening the pool in the coming days. Please monitor your email regarding pool access and Opening Day.
Reducing the spread of COVID-19 requires adjustment from all of us this summer. We all have an additional responsibility to protect one another and our staff. As we are physically distant, we can still be friendly, welcoming, and understanding.
Operational Changes for the 2020 Season:
- Attendance: Current guidance limits attendance, which means your family will have specific time slots to enjoy the pool.
- Contactless check-in process will ensure appropriate and safe attendance levels.
- At the end of each timeslot, everyone will be required to exit the facility promptly via the lower gate to minimize congestion.
- No one younger than 16 will be admitted without an adult guardian.
- Furniture: The pool deck’s chairs and picnic tables will not be available, but bringing your own chairs or blanket is an option.
- Social distancing: Members will be responsible for keeping a safe distance from others, both on the grounds and in the pool.
- Bathrooms: Use of the bathroom facilities will be limited to emergency use, per county direction. Changing rooms/areas will be closed.
- Guests and parties: Guests and parties are on hold as long as there are restrictions on attendance or gatherings.
- Snack bar: The snack bar will be closed.
- Swim team: Our swim team will not be participating in league meets in 2020, though in-water swim practices are still a possibility. Swim team requires a separate registration after becoming a member. Contact Swimteamfirstname.lastname@example.org for information on 2020 programs.
- Other facility restrictions: The diving boards, grills, and slide will be closed.
We will continue to send critical information via email about signing up for time slots and operational directions, so please check your emails from us often (including all folders and spam) so you do not miss out on fun!
The Adelphi Pool Board
Great People. Great Pool.