As you may know, Prince Georges County has issued new guidance for pools that relaxes social distancing requirements. These changes have allowed us to make some adjustments to our schedule and operations that increase member access to the pool:
- The pool will not close during the day for contact tracing and cleaning. Members may come at any time during operating hours. Starting on May 29, our operating hours will be
- Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: 10:30 AM-7:30 PM
- Thursday, Friday, Saturday: 10:30 AM-9:30 PM
- The diving boards will be open (but not the slide)
Also important to note is that our pool has more members than last year, and not all members will be vaccinated. Some members may be more cautious in their interactions than others. As always, please approach others with courtesy and understanding, respecting others’ space and helping your children do the same. To help members feel comfortable at the pool:
- There is additional furniture in grassy areas to allow more space between households.
- Members can take in and out their own furniture each day.
- Pool access is restricted to members; no guests at this time.
As our front desk records only entries to the pool and not exits, we are implementing a self-checkout procedure at our back gate. We ask adult members to fill out a short Google Form as they exit the grounds. We will post a QR code at the gate for quick access to the form.
With increased membership, we will have more cars coming to the pool. To minimize the number of cars, we ask that you aim to bring no more than one vehicle per household at a time, particularly on the weekends.
- Some cars may need to park in the overflow area (the grassy area accessible from the parking lot).
- Some members may consider carpooling or biking to the pool, as appropriate.
- There is street parking across Riggs Rd. on Buck Lodge. Please cross the street with care if you park there.
In mid-June, we will send a survey to members to gather feedback on pool operations. We will rely on that information to make any necessary adjustments. The Board appreciates your understanding, flexibility, and community spirit as we navigate these changes.