ADELPHI RECREATION, Inc.
RULES FOR USE OF CORPORATION FACILITIES
The Pool Manager has full charge of Corporation Facilities and is responsible for supervision of the staff in all phases of pool operation. They are empowered to make decisions concerning proper enforcement of the rules. They shall caution violators and, if necessary, suspend the pool privileges of persons willfully violating the rules. Such suspensions shall be for periods not to exceed the remainder of the day in which the infraction has occurred. Suspension of privileges for more than one day but up to a week may be made by the Manger with notice to the board of directors. Suspensions for longer than a week shall be made in accordance with the By-Laws. Any suggestion or complaint concerning the rules of their enforcement shall be made to the Pool Manager.
For purposes of the following rules, the pool enclosure is defined as the area within the fence. It includes walkway, picnic area, main pool and wading pool. The bathhouse is not considered to be within the pool enclosure.
HOURS OF OPERATION
- The hours of normal operation will be posted on the bulletin board.
- The pool may be reserved only for authorized special events.
- Each member will individually sign the general register and list their share number before entering the bathhouse.
- It will be the member’s responsibility to re-register if they have left the corporate facilities after their initial registration on any given day.
- All pool members and guests entering the pool house must check in at the front desk.
- The Pool Manager has the authority to close the pool if the air temperature falls below 69 degrees. If there is thunder or lightning, all patrons must exit the pool for 30 minutes. If there is lightning, all patrons must exit the pool deck and go into the pool house.
- Floats and rafts are permitted in the pool only on Thursdays from 7 p.m. – close and during other approved special events.
- Toys that shoot water may be used in the pool only, not in the grass or the pool house. Use common sense and consideration when playing with them.
- Children must be able to pass a basic swim skills test (aka the “patch test”) in order to swim in the diving well and use the diving boards and the slide. See the Pool Manager or a Lifeguard to take the basic swim skills test.
- Swimming lanes are to be used for people actively engaged in swimming laps. Avoid crossing through the swim lanes.
- Hanging/sitting on the lane ropes is not permitted.
- Pool members should not talk to or distract the lifeguards while they are monitoring the pool.
- A whistle is blown by the guards in the last 15 minutes of every hour for adult swim. No one under the age of 17 is permitted in the pool during adult swim time. (Adults may swim with infants/toddlers ages 2 and under).
- Pets are not allowed on the pool property except for special events.
- Bathing suits must be worn by all swimmers – no street clothes may be worn in the pool. Swim shirts are permitted.
- Items left at the pool will be stored in the Lost and Found. Unclaimed items will be discarded after one week.
- Children 10 years old and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Any persons suspected of being under the influence of alcohol or drugs shall be prohibited from entering the pool.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Glass containers are not allowed on pool property.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear swim diapers and plastic pants over the swim diaper. Plastic pants and swim diapers are available for purchase at the front desk.
- Food is not permitted on either pool deck or in the grassy area across from the pool house.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere on pool property.
- Anyone with an open cut, sore, blister, or other lesion is prohibited from swimming in the pool unless covered with a waterproof bandage. Waterproof bandages are available at the front desk.
- Children are permitted to wear arm flotation devices only when an adult is with them in the pool and within arm’s reach of the child.
- Spitting, spouting of water, blowing nose, etc., in the pool is not allowed.
- No running, pushing, chasing, or wrestling anywhere on pool property.
- No flips off the side of the pool.
- Diving is permitted only in 5ft. and deeper water.
- Any injuries that occur must be reported immediately to the Pool Manager or Lifeguard(s) on duty.
- Children must have passed the patch test to use the diving boards.
- One person on the board at a time.
- Only one bounce is permitted.
- Divers must swim directly to the nearest ladder.
- Wait until the previous diver has reached the ladder before diving.
- No one may use the diving board if there are swimmers in the diving well.
- Footgear, goggles, masks, and floats are not permitted when using the diving board.
- Children must have passed the patch test to use the slide.
- Only one person is allowed on the top slide platform at a time. The next person in line must wait on the landing of the stairs.
- Footgear, goggles, masks, and floats are not permitted when using the slide.
- Those using the slide must go down sitting up and feet first.
- Only children eight years of age or under may use the wading pool.
- Children must be supervised by an adult in the wading pool area at all times.
- The wading pool is not a place for kids to wait out adult swim. No roughhousing or excessive splashing in the wading pool.
- Children who are not toilet trained must swear swim diapers AND plastic pants over the swim diaper. Plastic pants and swim diapers are available for purchase at the front desk.
- Child-sized inflatable toys may be used in the wading pool.
- Members may bring guests into the pool once they pay the appropriate guest fees at the front desk and complete the guest sign-in sheet.
- Members are responsible for the conduct of their guests.
- Members may use one of the provided gas grills (except on Thursdays between 5 and 8 p.m. and during home swim meets).
- The grill must be cleaned after use.